Is there a Hippo in your Brain? No its Hippocampus

I found hippocampus to be a great technology tool in my social studies classroom.  It features high quality video on subjects such as the US Civil War that I can use to complement my lessons and expand my network of visual resources.  It keeps my students entertained with history, rather than thinking that history is boring.

School librarians can utilize this technology tool in the library by creating a video multimedia tool in one part of the library.  Then having students watch relevant videos based on their classroom subject.  If students want to continue watching Hippo, they can or instead follow up with a book.  But at least Hippocampus can create interest in a particular topic, rather than students looking at book covers and pictures to spark up interest.  Don't judge a Hippo by its cover!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you taking Notes? Make it Notability!

Penzu are you? It's Journal Time!